Things Engraving Does Well:
· Provides precision of lines: able to reproduce
very small characters; captures intricacies of type
· Goes from a very fine line to a very bold line
without looking tacky.
· Conveys a message of prestige and timelessness
· Imparts warmth and elegance of lines and images.
· Provides tactile impressions that translate
as high quality.
· Produces bright, opaque, and intense colors
that are not altered by the background shades or textures.
· Is unaffected by the heat of laser printers
Things Engraving Does Poorly:
· Does not cover large areas or blocks or color
evenly without hand etching or screens.
· Production is relatively slow since dies must
be made and successive press passes may be required.
· Preparation and execution are labor intensive.
· Colors are not derived from four-color process,
but each color is applied separately and requires a
· Engraving does not work well for two-sided
* Tricks and Traps Engraved Business Cards and Stationery
by Lynella Grant